Yard Shunter Training is designed to provide the necessary skills to drive vehicles safely on site to minimise risk.
This course is suitable for those responsible for manoeuvring around company premises and off-road parking areas.
Novice, experienced and refresher courses are available.
- 2 days for novice
- 1 day for those with experience
Training can be delivered at our facility or at client premises and up to three drivers can be trained at one time.
Drivers will be tested on both theory and practical elements.
- health and safety (classroom)
- vehicle familiarisation and pre-use inspections
- hand signals to be used for assisting other drivers to manoeuvre other vehicles
- correct coupling and uncoupling of trailers
- practice manoeuvring vehicle onto loading bay or parking areas
- safe parking procedures
A certificate is awarded on course completion.