LGV CAT C (Rigid)
(Minimum Age: 18 years of age)
** 2 new Renault Automatic Trucks added to our fleet – May 2017 **
Vehicle Name: Long Distance Rigid Truck
Long Distance rigid vehicles normally have cabs that are equal in size to many full size articulated trucks. They are designed for travelling mostly on motorways over great distances. They have a gross vehicle weight (GVW) of up to 32 tones. Used by operators who don’t require a full size truck or for those who have to visit places an articulated vehicle might find difficult.
You will need to obtain a Provisional licence after having a medical with your GP. Once you have obtained your provisional licence you will be ready for the Theory and Hazard perception test. Once you have completed the theory and hazard perception test you are ready for CAT C practical training with us. To get you started we can offer you a free starter pack (to be collected from the office and available on request). It will include the forms you need. You are advised to start theory test revision as soon as possible before your provisional licence is returned by the DVLA. We can offer Theory test tuition on request if required.
There are four Modules altogether to complete to drive a CAT C Vehicle on a public road. They are:
- Module 1 – Theory/Hazard Perception test at the DVLA
- Module 2 – Case Study and test at the DVLA
- Module 3 – CAT C Practical Training with Lloyds Motoring and test with the DVLA
- Module 4 – Initial Driver CPC training with Lloyds Motoring and test with the DVLA
** You may require to complete Periodic CPC and not Module 2 & 4 – please ask our office staff who are trained to help you establish what training is required **
Click on our Video Gallery for details of each Module.
Lloyds Motoring is here to help guide you through each Module, we have Instructors who have been tested and approved by the Driving Standards Agency to deliver CAT C and C+E Training to a high standard – cheaper is not always better.
LGV CAT C+E (Artic)
Vehicle Name: Long Distance Articulated Truck
- You don’t need to take another Theory Test
- Having passed the LGV Category C (rigid) driving test and had your new Driving Licence returned by the DVLA its a simple matter of booking lessons and completing another driving test
- 5 Day Course
- Pass the driving test and you can legally drive any size LGV truck.