Emergency First Aid Courses
The objective of the Emergency First Aid course is to ensure candidates are competent with all skills and knowledge in Emergency First Aid. This course can be delivered over 4 hours during any weekday or Saturday.
Employers have a duty of care to their employees or visitors to their premises and this course is ideal for all employees to administer emergency first aid until the professionals arrive to deal with any casualty. The benefits for anyone taking this course cannot be overstated, parents of young children can be taught basic emergency first aid, sports coaches, bus drivers, Event Stewards, taxi drivers etc.
THE COURSE CONTENT INCLUDES KNOWLEDGE IN THE FOLLOWING SUBJECT AREAS:
- Understanding hazard perception? (Specific to environment)
- How to assess an emergency incident
- How to carry out Basic Life Support
- How to care for an unconscious casualty
- Knowledge of the contents of a first aid kit and its’ use
- Treatment of airway disorders
- How to control all bleeding
- How to recognise shock and treat
- How to report an incident
- Treatment of burns
- Recognition and treatment of fractures
- Treatment of effects of specific hazards within your environment
Candidiates who complete this course will be given a 2 year certificate in Emergency First Aid from an Approved Instructor from the Health and Safety Executive.
COURSE LOADING: Minimum of 10 persons